27 September, 2007

part 5


#5 Using Flickr


Through the 'discovery' aspect of this Learning2.0 task we have going I came across these librarian 'playing' cards and there are heaps of them on Flickr. I made one for myself. That photo of me is becoming quite repetitive, but what can I do when I'm doing this 'assignment' from work and haven't many photos to use!? The tag attached to my card is one you can use to connect to the website and create your own. Maybe one day we'll be seen as the super-info-heroes that we are and these cards will be popular! Ha! :) Much doubt in that, but ya never know, do you?? :)

I also went through the popular photos from the last 7 days and found 3 photos that I really liked and added to my favorites. I made sure as well that these photos were part of the creative commons which allows me to share them with others. This idea of creative commons and attribution with copyright is incredibly important as a family from Texas in the US is attempting to sue Virgin Mobile and it's stakeholders for using a photo of their daughter giving the peace sign and the captioned remark to the side "ditch your pen pals text instead" or something like that. she happens to look Asian, so being a Texan American she of course has received emotional abuse from strangers and friends. It will be interesting if her case goes through or not. It's all about creative commons; apparently the person who took her photo put it on Flickr with the public having the right to use it any which way they pleased; so, be careful when you upload photos!

here's an article: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/09/21/1189881735928.html

the advert can be seen here: http://flickr.com/photos/sesh00/515961023/

No comments: