04 October, 2007

it's amazing how wise children are!

I received my first email notification of a blog update from Library Bytes (aka Helen Blowers from the PLCMC in the US). It has a link to a new video put out by Aarhus Public Libraries in Denmark (some of you may have come across this library for it's innovative and interactive vision for a contemporary library experience). This new video is called Xperimentarium: Workshop of children's ideas *which you can watch by clicking there*. As quoted from the Library Bytes text in the email sent to me "the takeaways from all these ideas are the themes of " active spaces", "engaging activities", "fun" and "play" - which when you come to think about it, are really the most important esential [sic] elements for creating meaningful learning."

Have a look at the video and be inspired! It is truly wonderful to see children being allowed a voice within their community, given a forum that isn't a round-table-adult-like set-up but one which is entirely hands-on, integrative and interactive. I am more than inspired--- makes me wish I could speak Danish, move to Europe and be a part of the new space they are building for 2014!

No comments: